My Thoughts On IT Movie

My Thoughts On The IT Movie.

So for today's blog I just wanted to talk about the new IT movie that I just saw last weekend. Now, I'm not much of a horror film type of guy but this movie really peaked my interest, and my god the story is awesome. So basically this demonic clown can take the form of whatever you fear most and it terrorizes Derry town every 27 years. So that is one big thing that most people take away from the film but to me, it's all about those kids and their relationship with one another. The way the kids act in this movie with each other reminds me so much of how I acted with my friends back in school as well.

This movie was genuine when it came to each and every one of the kids and it was so comedic. The kids crack jokes with one another and ball bust with each other and that is truly how kids that age act. I loved Richie's character so much because he's upfront with a comedic presence but he's truly honest, he tells everyone how this is a damn demon and we're a bunch of kids. Though even though the kids are very comedic, they are able to be serious and even scared whenever they need to be. Like Bill Denbrough, he was Georgie's big brother and he portrayed a lot of emotion whenever he is on screen. Also, when he has to face his little brothers spirit in IT's lair, oh man I felt so sad for what he had to do and also go through.

Then of course there's my favorite character from the book, Ben. Ben is such an awesome little kid and reminds me a lot of myself when I was that characters age. I loved how when they are in his room Bev sees his boy band poster but keeps it between themselves, I thought that was hilarious. All in all, this film does has scary scenes throughout the film but it does very good on building tension. Why I think it does this so well was because you get so invested in each of the kids and you truly worry for then whenever IT arrives. As always thank you for taking time out of your day to read this blog and please comment and share if you liked this topic I discussed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Justice League First Reactions

Early Critic Screenings For Justice League