Will Thor Ragnarok Be Good

Will Thor Ragnarok Be A Great Marvel Installment?

For today's topic I just wanted to discuss either or not I think Thor Ragnarok will actually be good. Now, I'm not the biggest Thor fan but I did enjoy the first Thor movie and honestly could never get through the second. To me, either film was nothing special but I always liked the relationship between Thor, Loki, and Odin. In some ways I can relate to their relationship because it's two sons who aren't necessarily trying to one up each other, but earn their fathers approval of everything they do. There's just something that makes a son want to know without little doubt that their father is proud of them, and I think that's what works excellently in each film, unfortunately, I feel like that's the only thing that works.

To me, a lot of the characters are bland, even sometimes Thor himself isn't much of an interesting character , but it's always had the potential hidden away. That's why I think Thor Ragnarok will be an excellent film, because Taika Waititi is coming in with a completely different approach on this character and his world. He also seems to bring a decent amount of humor, along with fan service. What I mean by fan service is giving us a battle between Thor and Hulk, and not being afraid of just putting it all out there with every battle and scene. I mean, even in the trailers you see Thor kind of had life tumble down on him and having to seek help from mostly unreliable sources in order to take on Hela.

Waititi also said that this will be the shortest Marvel film to date, but assures that he made sure the film flowed as well as it can. That's actually really reassuring to me because many films that I love do slow down just a little here and there and while I'm sure this film might have some moments like that, it is less likely. One thing I have to be honest about though, is how much I don't like Jeff Goldbloom, I've never found him to be a good actor. Now, I've never seen The Fly so perhaps I'm missing out on some of his great work but he seems like a potential weak point for this movie. All in all, there is a lot of potential for this movie to make Thor one of the best Avengers and I believe they have the right people on the job to do so, therefore I'm excited. As always thank you for taking time out of your day to read this blog and please comment and share if you liked this topic I discussed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Justice League First Reactions

New Justice League Trailer